Information We Collect
In operating our Site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site, such as your name, email address, company address and telephone number.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
By submitting a telephone number to Merrick, you agree that a representative of Merrick, or a third party acting on our behalf, can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
Our website uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Merrick services or the Site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
We [do/do not] use flash cookies on our Site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all sites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and/or services to you in the best possible manner.
Merrick does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Merrick may, from time to time, contact you about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In addition, Merrick may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Merrick.
Merrick keeps track of the web pages our customers visit in order to determine what services are the most popular.
In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
i. To provide you with information relating to our services and/or products;
ii. To fulfil or meet the reason you provided the information;
iii. To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our Site;
iv. To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site traffic and usage patterns;
v. To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations;
vi. To analyze trends;
vii. To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
We will not use personal information or sensitive personal information for purposes other than to provide you with our products and/or services, or as otherwise expressly permitted by applicable law.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products and/or services to you. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
i. Where we sell or share any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger.
ii. Where we are legally required to disclose your information, including, but not limited to, pursuant to a valid subpoena, order, search warrant or other law enforcement request.
iii. When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information or share your personal information for cross-context behavioural advertising, to or with third parties.
Third Party Websites
By accessing third party websites through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf.
For California Residents
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights under the California Privacy Rights Act/the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CPRA/CCPA”):
- to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected;
- to know what categories of personal information is being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold; [or, if applicable: to know that your personal information has not been sold.]
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information;
- to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months;
- to request that your personal information be corrected;
- to request that we limit our use of your sensitive personal information;
- to request that your personal information be deleted;
- to request that we not use your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising; and
- to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CPRA/CCPA.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at 850-265-3611 or
For more information on how you can exercise these rights, click here [California Privacy Rights].
We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your CPRA/CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CPRA/CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Effective Date: July, 2023